If you find an error in a return you have previously filed, you may need to amend it. An amended tax return would be required in all of the below scenarios:
- Claiming additional Dependents.
- Making changes to dependent exemptions previously claimed.
- Reporting your proper filing status.
- Reporting additional income.
- Making changes in your ‘Above the line Deductions’, ’Standard Deduction’ or ’Itemized Deductions’.
- If any change in your personal exemptions.
- Claiming additional Tax Credits, removing Tax Credits mistakenly received, or recalculating the amount of the Credits and
- Reporting additional withholding etc.